Kestrel® 5500 Pocket Wind Meter
or enquire using the form below
Kestrel® 5500 Pocket Wind Meter
Kestrel® 5500 Anemometer, the world’s most comprehensive weather meter and the world’s most portable weather station.
These added features make the 5500 the Kestrel Meter of choice for military professionals, HAZMAT teams, and flight crews. Like all the new 5000 series, it can store up to approximately 10,000 data points.
If you select the Kestrel LINK Bluetooth model, your meter includes custom communication software designed to quickly and easily set your data transmission rate, download logged data, graph data, and transfer data to other applications. No need to purchase a separate interface anymore, newer Bluetooth-enabled Kestrel Meters include the necessary software to communicate wirelessly up to 100 feet away with a clear line of sight (walls or obstacles will effect this range).
Please note that you will need a dongle. A workaround if you don’t have this with you would be to upload your data to your mobile smartphone and email it to yourself and open it on your Mac / PC. On the 4000 series, you didn’t need the Dongle.
All 5000 series meters will have both a bright green backlight, which is ideal for even high sunlight conditions and a night vision that preserves the backlight. Red Night Vision (NV) backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall glare and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This ‘night vision is not compatible with night-vision equipment). Basically, with the red backlight, the eyes don’t need to adjust when looking from the meter to the horizon during night use.
Works with compatible apps:
Kestrel LiNK for Windows and Mac
Easy communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided using the optional LiNK.USB Dongle or USB data transfer cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update for Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS and Android
Wireless connection with iOS and Android devices. When in range, see real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts, and download your data. The recorded data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared by email, Facebook and Twitter. Allows firmware upgrade of Kestrel 5 Series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100 ‘line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
- Header (true and magnetic)
- The direction of the wind
- Tendency to pressure
- Barometric pressure
- Wet-bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in%
- Heat stress index
- Dew point
- Density altitude
- Shaking chills
- Air, water and snow temperature ° F or ° C
- Current, average and maximum airspeed
- Waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats
- Time and date
- Easy to read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage: 2,900 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average Values
- 3-line multifunction display
- The humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our relative humidity calibration kit.
- Outdoor temperature, humidity and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Souvenir chart and trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cap allows the use of other functions while protecting impeller
- Data mapping
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface) Mac or PC
- Works with Android and iPhone Apps!
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German and Italian)
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G), waterproof (sealed to IP67) and floats.
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA
- Dimensions: 15.4 x 15 x 3.4 cm
- Weight: 200 g